Capcom's social and mobile gamemaking subsidiary, Beeline Interactive, will be releasing a Ghostbusters social mobile game in early 2013 for iOS devices, the company announced today.
Beeline Interactive, which focuses on making games for smartphones and tablets and has released games likes Smurfs' Village, will be making a social game based on the Ghostbusters films. Players will assume the role of the Ghostbusters as they drive around New York City upgrading their gear and levelling-up their characters to fight ghosts.
Capcom is marketing the game as something that "fathers and sons" can play together, while Smurfs' Village is a game for "mothers, daughters and granddaughters."
The Ghostbusters social game will receive a global release in early 2013 on iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad.
More from Polygon
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Why you don't like this headline: Here's how a change in style guide might just be the most clicked click thing you've clicked today
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today