In-game footage of upcoming Wii U release Pikmin 3 was shown during today's Nintendo Direct conference.
The short video shows off in-game combat between Pikmin and a giant crab, as well as exploration through a dark area lit by mushrooms as the player performs ranged attacks on a number of different enemy types. These include lumbering fire-breathing creatures and an enormous flying enemy that create torrents of wind around the Pikmin.
The game is slated to release next spring.
- TowerFall Ascension review: bowstring symphony
- The final years of Irrational Games, according to those who were there
- Ouya may not be dead, but its long history of stumbles makes success unlikely
- When a successful game is a failure
- How the E.T. documentary chronicles the birth of the unsatisfied game consumer