The next piece of downloadable content for BioWare's Mass Effect 3 requires "all hands on deck," bringing the game's main writers and chief composer back to the drawing room for a new add-on with "high potential for tears," according to various Mass Effect staff members reported through Eurogamer.
The content is in development at BioWare Edmonton, the studio behind the recently-released Mass Effect Trilogy compilation. Code hacking of previous downloadable content packs suggest the next one is a single-player affair focused on the Citadel. Eight writers have returned to work on the content, including lead writer Mac Walters.
"It's all hands on deck for this one. Pretty much every Mass Effect 3 DLC writer here in Edmonton is involved," designer Jos Hendriks wrote in a post on BioWare's official forums. "If my math skills are correct [that means] eight."
"What I'm up to lately: working on an unannounced Mass Effect 3 DLC!" tweeted chief composer Sam Hulick last night, whose last work on Mass Effect 3 was the Extended Cut's score. "Tossing in piano and muted strings for this one particular piece. High potential for tears."
Actor Seth Green, who plays Normandy pilot Joker, has also returned to do voice work, according to a tweet from BioWare producer and voice director Caroline Livingstone. Returning actors also include Raphael Sbarge, the voice of Systems Alliance Marine and original Shepard squadmate Kaidan Alenko.
This next piece of content will be the fifth single-player add-on for Mass Effect 3, following From Ashes, the Extended Cut, Leviathan and last month's Omega. Polygon has reached out to BioWare to ask when and on what platforms the DLC will be available, and whether it will be unavailable for the Wii U similar to Omega. We will update this story with more information as we have it.
- Robin Williams' Genie may be immortalized in World of Warcraft
- Why Pikachu may soon be as iconic as Mickey Mouse
- With Han Solo, Leia and Chewie, Star Wars Commander is bringing back the force
- Demos are dead, long live demos
- I caught every Pokémon and it only took most of my life
- Destiny launch trailer shows combat readiness
- Game pre-loading comes to Xbox One early with Madden 15
- Development hell: The video game
- Clementine will make a stand as The Walking Dead Season Two closes next week
- Want to save time and money? Stop buying games at launch
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Games with great Sound Design
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- Feature to track games?
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Why isn't Polygon talking about the Quinn thing ?
- Share your treasured Pokémon stories with us