The next piece of downloadable content for BioWare's Mass Effect 3 requires "all hands on deck," bringing the game's main writers and chief composer back to the drawing room for a new add-on with "high potential for tears," according to various Mass Effect staff members reported through Eurogamer.
The content is in development at BioWare Edmonton, the studio behind the recently-released Mass Effect Trilogy compilation. Code hacking of previous downloadable content packs suggest the next one is a single-player affair focused on the Citadel. Eight writers have returned to work on the content, including lead writer Mac Walters.
"It's all hands on deck for this one. Pretty much every Mass Effect 3 DLC writer here in Edmonton is involved," designer Jos Hendriks wrote in a post on BioWare's official forums. "If my math skills are correct [that means] eight."
"What I'm up to lately: working on an unannounced Mass Effect 3 DLC!" tweeted chief composer Sam Hulick last night, whose last work on Mass Effect 3 was the Extended Cut's score. "Tossing in piano and muted strings for this one particular piece. High potential for tears."
Actor Seth Green, who plays Normandy pilot Joker, has also returned to do voice work, according to a tweet from BioWare producer and voice director Caroline Livingstone. Returning actors also include Raphael Sbarge, the voice of Systems Alliance Marine and original Shepard squadmate Kaidan Alenko.
This next piece of content will be the fifth single-player add-on for Mass Effect 3, following From Ashes, the Extended Cut, Leviathan and last month's Omega. Polygon has reached out to BioWare to ask when and on what platforms the DLC will be available, and whether it will be unavailable for the Wii U similar to Omega. We will update this story with more information as we have it.
- This is a video game (and it's the best thing ever)
- The Sims 4 gameplay video - 48 hours in the life of a Sim
- Learning to love free-to-play
- Nearly 1K developers sign letter to end intolerance in the games community (update)
- EA Access adds Need for Speed Rivals to its vault of games
- Banjo-Kazooie rap song is absurd, dorky, catchy
- There is a human inside this insane Metal Gear cosplay
- Keep your pants up with these GoldenEye proximity mines
- Here's your first look at Dead or Alive 5 Last Round on PS4 and Xbox One
- What do these major changes to Twitch mean for eSports?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: What is this thing? Is this interesting? - Tue Sep 2
- A note from the (reviews) editor: No release-day Destiny review
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Looking for good JRPGs on PS3, help needed
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- Let's talk about the Guardians of the Galaxy film
- Forum moderation?
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1