Crytek and Albert Hughes, director of Menace 2 Society and From Hell, have teamed up to produce a video series called The 7 Wonders of Crysis 3, which will highlight the weapons and environments of the upcoming first-person shooter beginning Dec. 12, according to a press release from publisher Electronic Arts.
The series of cinematic shorts will be produced with CryEngine technology. Hughes wrote the scripts, storyboards and planned the shots to highlight the game's weapons, enemies and gameplay. The 7 Wonders of Crysis 3 will take place in the game's post-apocalyptic New York environment, which was the subject of a recent trailer.
"The goal with The 7 Wonders of Crysis 3 video series is to reveal the incredible world we have been building..."
"The goal with The 7 Wonders of Crysis 3 video series is to reveal the incredible world we have been building for Crysis 3 and to let CryEngine take center stage to highlight the power of our state-of-the-art game engine," said Cevat Yerli, Crytek's CEO. "We've worked closely with Albert on this project and think that the 7 Wonders series will show the leaps and bounds that Crysis 3 is making over its predecessors."
Crysis 3 is slated for a Feb. 19, 2013 North American release and a Feb. 21 European release on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC. Be sure to check out our impressions of the game from earlier this year and its potentially processor-melting PC specs, announced earlier this week.
- Proof '90s kids playing video games are cooler than kids today
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Eve's new executive producer has a plan to attract new players with the help of old ones
- Game of Thrones' Maisie Williams in talks for The Last of Us movie
- Lords of the Fallen pre-orders get free upgrade to Limited Edition