Turn-based strategy role-playing game Fire Emblem: Awakening will be released on Nintendo 3DS in North America on Feb. 4, 2013, Nintendo announced today. In Europe, the 3DS game will see a release sometime in April 2013.
The 3DS entry in the long-running medieval fantasy series adds new features to the series, including the ability to perform team-up attacks with characters and the option for units to marry and have children, spawning new characters based on the attributes of their parents.
Fire Emblem: Awakening also supports downloadable content in the form of new characters created by well-known Japanese artists and characters from previous Fire Emblem games.
Fire Emblem: Awakening was first released in Japan in April 2012.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- What's your favorite silly game?
- What's the deal with DS2: Sunken Crown walkthrough?
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- Tell Us Your Story
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Nicalis hints at Gex Remake