Pokemon's 2013 Video Game Championship Series, a season of Pokemon tournaments throughout North America, will incorporate Wi-Fi tournaments for the first time, The Pokemon Company announced today.
The upcoming 2012 Video Game Championship Series (VGCS) Winter Battle, which runs from Dec. 13-17, will be the first-ever Wi-Fi tournament on the circuit, with four more to follow between now and June 2013. Players who finish at the top of Wi-Fi tournaments will be granted byes for live tournaments such as January's 2013 Pokemon Winter Regional Championships. Eventual winners of the World Championships may be immortalized in a Pokemon game, as this year's winners were.
Sign-ups for the Winter Battle will go live on the Pokemon Global Link website at 7 p.m. ET today. Players who can make it through the tournament with a low disconnect rate will be awarded a Custap Berry, a powerful fruit that helps Pokemon that are low on health.
Competitors will need a Nintendo 3DS or DS, a copy of Pokemon Black 2 or Pokemon White 2 and a Pokemon Trainer Club account.
- OlliOlli developer Roll7's next trick, the kill combo-based shoot 'em up Not A Hero
- Blizzard silenced Hearthstone players, and it made the game amazing
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn on PS4 - Overview video
- PlayStation Store flash sale discounts Braid, Tokyo Jungle and more to just $0.99
- Conception 2 review: bad romance