Bestheda feels that the latest downloadable content for The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim, Dragonborn, is "the best content to release first" for the game's PlayStation 3 version, the developer wrote on its official blog today.
Dragonborn is available now on Xbox 360 and scheduled to hit PC and PS3 early next year. Bethesda states that once Dragonborn is ready, the developer will continue its work on the Dawnguard and Hearthfire packs for PS3.
"On PS3 in particular, we turned our attention to Dragonborn, as we thought it was the best content to release first, and we didn't want folks to wait longer," reads the post on the developer's blog. "Each one takes a lot of time and attention to work well in all circumstances and all combinations of DLC."
Besthesda said they would share more information on release dates and pricing for the PS3 DLC once it is available, and shared that "more stuff" is planned for Skyrim in the coming year.
Polygon has reached out to Bethesda for details on marking Dragonborn high-priority as well as the current state of PS3 DLC, and will update this story with more information as we have it.
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Dragon Quest Heroes brings the series back to PlayStation in Dynasty Warriors style
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- Persona 5 coming to PS3 and PS4 in 2015
- Disgaea 5, Earth Defense Force, Ys, Gundam and Senran Kagura coming to PS4