Bestheda feels that the latest downloadable content for The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim, Dragonborn, is "the best content to release first" for the game's PlayStation 3 version, the developer wrote on its official blog today.
Dragonborn is available now on Xbox 360 and scheduled to hit PC and PS3 early next year. Bethesda states that once Dragonborn is ready, the developer will continue its work on the Dawnguard and Hearthfire packs for PS3.
"On PS3 in particular, we turned our attention to Dragonborn, as we thought it was the best content to release first, and we didn't want folks to wait longer," reads the post on the developer's blog. "Each one takes a lot of time and attention to work well in all circumstances and all combinations of DLC."
Besthesda said they would share more information on release dates and pricing for the PS3 DLC once it is available, and shared that "more stuff" is planned for Skyrim in the coming year.
Polygon has reached out to Bethesda for details on marking Dragonborn high-priority as well as the current state of PS3 DLC, and will update this story with more information as we have it.
- Win a one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Notorious Airbnb squatter may be the dev behind two flailing Kickstarter games
- Report: Google to acquire Twitch for $1 billion
- Here is why you probably won't get into the LittleBigPlanet 3 private beta this August
- Sunset Overdrive's character customization is serious business