The team created the artwork using Maya, software it recently switched to but "nobody really knows how to use." Presented with watermarks that describe each as a work in progress, Nesler provides examples of character and environment models.
The RPG was funded by an enormously successful Kickstarter project, which reached its $1.1 million funding goal goal in its first 24 hours. After setting and meeting a series of stretch goals, it ended its campaign with $3,336,371.
- TowerFall Ascension review: bowstring symphony
- The final years of Irrational Games, according to those who were there
- Ouya may not be dead, but its long history of stumbles makes success unlikely
- When a successful game is a failure
- How the E.T. documentary chronicles the birth of the unsatisfied game consumer