Buyers of the Wii U Deluxe Set, the $349.99 black version of the console, automatically gain access to the Deluxe Digital Promotion. The program provides 10 percent in rewards points on Wii U eShop purchases — for example, purchasing a full game for $59.99 will reward the user with 599 points. Points can also be earned on content downloaded by activating a code purchased at a retailer such as GameStop, but no points are awarded for subscriptions or passes.
Increments of 500 points can be redeemed on the website for codes worth $5 in eShop credit. Only purchases made in the Wii U eShop on a Deluxe console count, but once a $5 code is generated, it can be used in the Wii U eShop or the 3DS eShop. The website lists all Wii U eShop purchases and the points earned from those purchases.
The Deluxe Digital Promotion is currently set to run through Dec. 31, 2014. Points must be exchanged for credit codes by March 31, 2015, and those codes must be redeemed for credit in the Wii U or 3DS eShop by June 30, 2015, after which point they will expire. However, eShop funds received from redeemed codes never expire.
- A defense of Binding of Isaac from a former fundamentalist Christian
- The Royal Rumble showed the best and the worst of the WWE
- The Witcher 3's first three hours show off this sequel's changed attitude
- Why didn't you tell me about this Super Mario Bros. cheat?
- Bungie looks to fix the mistakes of Destiny's first add-on with House of Wolves
- Contest Day 5: Want to get into the Heroes of the Storm Closed Beta?
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: So, how about that Royal Rumble? (Monday, Jan. 26)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 3, No. 7 - Heroes, Legends, ...Cats?
- The Ending of Dragon Age: Inquisition (!Spoilers obviously!)
- Pokémon Discussions - Primal Evolution Ain't Cheap