The L.A. Game Space Kickstarter has successfully drawn to a close at $335,657, more than $100,000 over its goal, with the help of 10,354 backers.
As per the Kickstarter's rewards, anyone who pledged $5 or more will receive a new game developed by Keita Takahashi, the creator of Katamari Damacy. Backers who gave $15 will receive the Game Pack, 30 different experimental titles from the developers of Adventure Time, Hotline Miami, The Unfinished Swan and more. Titles are available on Windows, Mac and Linux, with a few exceptions.
The L.A. Game Space is a nonprofit, physical location where game creators can gather for exhibitions, talks, workshops, art, design and research. The Game Space's speaker series, which will feature dialogue from "both traditional and nontraditional game-makers," will be archived and available online for free.
The fundraising campaign launched on Nov. 7. You can read our interview with the Game Space directors here.
- Police investigating Comic-Con cosplay assault, photographer arrested
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- PlayStation Now rentals cost $2.99 for four hours play, but everything could be changing
- Twitter can fix its harassment problem, but why mess with success?
- A video history of Crytek in two minutes