Speaking with the publication, game director Tomohiro Shibuya explained that Dark Souls 2 will differ in more ways than one from its predecessors.
"I am personally the sort of person who likes to be more direct than subtle," Shibuya said. "[Dark Souls 2] will be more straightforward and understandable."
Shibuya and Yui Tanimura replace former game director Hidetaka Miyazaki.
Dark Souls 2 will feature a new hero and storyline for players to explore. The game is being developed for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: M! (Wed 16 Apr)
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Controller Design Competition
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?
- Scrolling front page - can't access bottom banner
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol.2, No.7: Warai, Warai!
- Any clues to why it is called Second Son?