Speaking with the publication, game director Tomohiro Shibuya explained that Dark Souls 2 will differ in more ways than one from its predecessors.
"I am personally the sort of person who likes to be more direct than subtle," Shibuya said. "[Dark Souls 2] will be more straightforward and understandable."
Shibuya and Yui Tanimura replace former game director Hidetaka Miyazaki.
Dark Souls 2 will feature a new hero and storyline for players to explore. The game is being developed for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- RIP Friends List?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- DESTINY disappointment?