Speaking with the publication, game director Tomohiro Shibuya explained that Dark Souls 2 will differ in more ways than one from its predecessors.
"I am personally the sort of person who likes to be more direct than subtle," Shibuya said. "[Dark Souls 2] will be more straightforward and understandable."
Shibuya and Yui Tanimura replace former game director Hidetaka Miyazaki.
Dark Souls 2 will feature a new hero and storyline for players to explore. The game is being developed for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.
- Game development
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- Is there anyone who doesnt like Titanfall?
- PS4 Now or Wait Till Price Drop & Gaikai?
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)
- Thief: Sneak sneak, steal steal, curse curse
- XBOne Classifieds
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- What Game Currently Keeps You Coming Back For More?
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux