Speaking with the publication, game director Tomohiro Shibuya explained that Dark Souls 2 will differ in more ways than one from its predecessors.
"I am personally the sort of person who likes to be more direct than subtle," Shibuya said. "[Dark Souls 2] will be more straightforward and understandable."
Shibuya and Yui Tanimura replace former game director Hidetaka Miyazaki.
Dark Souls 2 will feature a new hero and storyline for players to explore. The game is being developed for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.
- Thoughts on the inaccurate sensor bar
- Looking for good JRPGs on PS3, help needed
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Reconsidering Columbine