NBCUniversal has reportedly struck a deal with Hearst Corporation, Esquire's parent company. The rebranding comes as an attempt to reach male audiences in a different demographic than those watching networks like Spike. New programming will include shows on cooking, travel and fashion, although gaming will still exist in some form.
Reports of G4's transformation from "geek to chic" surfaced in October during the initial cancellation shock. At the time, Variety reported that the channel would target the modern male in a style reminiscent of GQ.
The rebrand is expected in early 2013.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Public Holidays = Relax! (Fri 18 Apr)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: PLACE HAND HERE! (Thu 17 Apr)
- Which platform will you get Dark Souls 2 on?
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- inFamous Screenshot Potluck Extravaganza!
- The best song in a video game?
- Controller Design Competition
- PC/MAC Strategy Games Like Warcraft II
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward