NBCUniversal has reportedly struck a deal with Hearst Corporation, Esquire's parent company. The rebranding comes as an attempt to reach male audiences in a different demographic than those watching networks like Spike. New programming will include shows on cooking, travel and fashion, although gaming will still exist in some form.
Reports of G4's transformation from "geek to chic" surfaced in October during the initial cancellation shock. At the time, Variety reported that the channel would target the modern male in a style reminiscent of GQ.
The rebrand is expected in early 2013.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepared for Titanfall? (Mon 10 Mar)
- Polygon v1.9 - Article Redesign
- WTB physical DS2 for PC in US
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)
- Game development
- Getting a PS4
- When can I buy this digitally for Xbox One?