NBCUniversal has reportedly struck a deal with Hearst Corporation, Esquire's parent company. The rebranding comes as an attempt to reach male audiences in a different demographic than those watching networks like Spike. New programming will include shows on cooking, travel and fashion, although gaming will still exist in some form.
Reports of G4's transformation from "geek to chic" surfaced in October during the initial cancellation shock. At the time, Variety reported that the channel would target the modern male in a style reminiscent of GQ.
The rebrand is expected in early 2013.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Changing Posting Name
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- Twitch Stream: Titanfall (One Match)
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 2sday (Tue 22 April)
- Polygon Feast & Fitness Vol. 3
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant