Final Fantasy III is coming to Ouya, Square Enix announces.
Final Fantasy III will come to the planned Ouya console, Square Enix Japan announced today.
According to the publisher, the classic Final Fantasy title will release simultaneously with the launch of the console, expected March 2013. Square Enix will also provide additional content for the console in the future.
Final Fantasy III will be fully optimized for the Ouya and will feature a free demo. The game was first released to Japan in 1990 and expanded to North America in 2006 with the release of a Nintendo DS remake.
Earlier in the month the console developer announced the first game for the crowd-funded Ouya will be developed by ex-Infinity Ward lead Robert Bowling's Robotoki development studio.
Ouya is a $99, Android-powered, hackable games console which recently made waves on Kickstarter by accumulating nearly $6 million on the crowd-funding platform.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepared for Titanfall? (Mon 10 Mar)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Getting a PS4
- Which wiki?
- Polygon v1.9 - Article Redesign
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- WTB physical DS2 for PC in US
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)