EVO 2012 kicks off today in Las Vegas.
EVO 2012, the world's largest fighting game tournament, kicks off today at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas.
EVO 2012 features competitors who were seeded from 17 tournaments held worldwide from the U.S. to Australia to Singapore. Today's events include Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition, Soulcalibur V and The King of Fighters XIII. Saturday will feature Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, Mortal Kombat 9, Street Fighter X Tekken and King of Fighters XIII again. The tournament will wrap up on Sunday with the finals for each title.
In a nod to classic fighting games, Super Street Fighter II Turbo will be featured in a Tournament of Legends. Many indie fighting games, including Nidhogg, BaraBariBall and Super Time Force will be on hand.
EVO 2012 also features panels by Sony, whose PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale will be on display, and Capcom. Many of the tournaments and panels will be available to stream on EVO's Twitch.tv page.
- How video games can change the world, one child at a time
- Playing with privilege: the invisible benefits of gaming while male
- Why a deal between Netflix and Comcast matters to gamers
- Moebius: Empire Rising review: remedial history
- Child of Light's creators discuss the birth of Aurora and her fairytale journey