Adrian Chmielarz, founder of Bulletstorm developer People Can Fly, is no longer with the studio he founded in 2002.
Adrian Chmielarz, founder of Bulletstorm developer People Can Fly, and two top artists are no longer with the studio Chmielarz founded in 2002, Epic confirmed to Polygon today.
"Adrian Chmielarz, Andrzej Poznanski and Michal Kosieradzki have parted ways with People Can Fly and Epic Games in order to pursue other opportunities, which they will announce of their own accord," Epic Games president Mike Capps told Polygon. "Over the past decade, they have been instrumental in building People Can Fly into the talented team that it is today. We wish them well in their future endeavors. People Can Fly remains excited to release Gears of War: Judgment to fans early next year."
Chmielarz was creative director at People Can Fly when he left. Poznanski was a lead artist, and Kosieradzki a principal artist.
Shortly after this story hit, Chmielarz took to Twitter to reassure fans that Gears of War: Judgement wouldn't be impacted by the departure of the trio:
"Gears fans, you're going to love Judgment. It's in great hands. And don't worry, you'll hear about my plans soon enough. :)"
Chmielarz told Polygon he wasn't quite ready to talk about what he'll be doing next, but that he would be soon.
People Can Fly is currently working with Epic Games on Gears of War: Judgement for the Xbox 360. The studio first made a name for itself with 2004 shooter Painkiller and later by working on the PC port of Gears of War and helping with development on Gears of War 2.
The departure comes on the heels of news that Gears of War producer Rod Fergusson left the company to move over to Irrational Games where he will be working on Bioshock Infinite.
In This StoryStream
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: PLACE HAND HERE! (Thu 17 Apr)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Scrolling front page - can't access bottom banner
- The best song in a video game?
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: M! (Wed 16 Apr)
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Controller Design Competition
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?