The next Battlefield title will take place in the present day.
Battlefield 4 will be set in the modern era, according to EA Digital Illusions CE's general manager Karl Troedsson during a presentation at GDC Europe today.
"We still want to stay in this genre, the modern day as it is. We feel this is a place we can be and continue with the series. Battlefield 4 can live in this space and be very successful," he said, hinting at what fans can expect for the next installment in the series.
However, despite Battlefield 4 being on the horizon, Troedsson stated the studio isn't done with its Bad Company series, adding "that doesn't mean there might not be a Bad Company game again in the future."
He went on to say that any further information about the title would remain a secret for the remainder of the presentation.
During the same lecture, he offered a candid overview of the development "hubris" that took place during the making of Battlefield 1942.
In This StoryStream
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 27
- Polygon must change its ethics policy.
- Spacecom is 4X strategy, and you can grab beta keys here
- Games with great Sound Design
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)
- On Patreon support
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue Aug 26