The next Battlefield title will take place in the present day.
Battlefield 4 will be set in the modern era, according to EA Digital Illusions CE's general manager Karl Troedsson during a presentation at GDC Europe today.
"We still want to stay in this genre, the modern day as it is. We feel this is a place we can be and continue with the series. Battlefield 4 can live in this space and be very successful," he said, hinting at what fans can expect for the next installment in the series.
However, despite Battlefield 4 being on the horizon, Troedsson stated the studio isn't done with its Bad Company series, adding "that doesn't mean there might not be a Bad Company game again in the future."
He went on to say that any further information about the title would remain a secret for the remainder of the presentation.
During the same lecture, he offered a candid overview of the development "hubris" that took place during the making of Battlefield 1942.
In This StoryStream
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 100% Complete (Thu 6 Mar)
- Help needed to find a reputable source for statistics for Indian gaming industry.
- Welcome to the Polygon Community!
- XBOne Classifieds
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- How to make "South Park:Stick of Truth" more like Final Fantasy