The next Battlefield title will take place in the present day.
Battlefield 4 will be set in the modern era, according to EA Digital Illusions CE's general manager Karl Troedsson during a presentation at GDC Europe today.
"We still want to stay in this genre, the modern day as it is. We feel this is a place we can be and continue with the series. Battlefield 4 can live in this space and be very successful," he said, hinting at what fans can expect for the next installment in the series.
However, despite Battlefield 4 being on the horizon, Troedsson stated the studio isn't done with its Bad Company series, adding "that doesn't mean there might not be a Bad Company game again in the future."
He went on to say that any further information about the title would remain a secret for the remainder of the presentation.
During the same lecture, he offered a candid overview of the development "hubris" that took place during the making of Battlefield 1942.
In This StoryStream
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Changing Posting Name
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- Twitch Stream: Titanfall (One Match)
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 2sday (Tue 22 April)
- Polygon Feast & Fitness Vol. 3
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant