"We had an amazing 2012, and proud to say that #Torchlight2 has sold over one million units! Thank you! Happy New Year's Eve everyone :)," read the announcement, which was posted just over three months after the launch of the game in September. As a point of comparison, it took the the original Torchlight more than 18 months to reach that same tally.
Those who have yet to pick up a copy of the hack-and-slash RPG may be encouraged to do so before January 5, as the game is on sale for $15, $5 off the regular price, via Steam.
- The final years of Irrational Games, according to those who were there
- The Besties: The Best Games of February 2014
- Ouya may not be dead, but its long history of stumbles makes success unlikely
- Why Watch Dogs went into hiding
- PlayStation Move creator to discuss 'future of innovation' for PlayStation at GDC