Capcom is unlikely to port older games to Nintendo's Wii U, according to a comment made on the Capcom forums by the company's senior vice president Christian Svensson.
Posting to a thread where users asked whether Capcom would be porting games like Resident Evil 6 to the Wii U, Svensson replied: "With regard to Wii U, in general we're looking forward, not back, so late ports are generally not on the table."
Capcom's first Wii U title will be Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, which is scheduled to release on the system in March 2013. In September of last year Svensson wrote on the Capcom forums that the company has projects for the Wii U beyond Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, but details for those games are currently under wraps.
- Police investigating Comic-Con cosplay assault, photographer arrested
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- PlayStation Now rentals cost $2.99 for four hours play, but everything could be changing
- Twitter can fix its harassment problem, but why mess with success?
- A video history of Crytek in two minutes
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- RIP Friends List?
- Frames Per Second FPS?? How to tell 60 vs 30?
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Highergrounds Game
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?