Capcom is unlikely to port older games to Nintendo's Wii U, according to a comment made on the Capcom forums by the company's senior vice president Christian Svensson.
Posting to a thread where users asked whether Capcom would be porting games like Resident Evil 6 to the Wii U, Svensson replied: "With regard to Wii U, in general we're looking forward, not back, so late ports are generally not on the table."
Capcom's first Wii U title will be Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, which is scheduled to release on the system in March 2013. In September of last year Svensson wrote on the Capcom forums that the company has projects for the Wii U beyond Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, but details for those games are currently under wraps.
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- GTA 4 now looks as good as GTA 5 — if you have a PC
- Notorious Airbnb squatter may be the dev behind two flailing Kickstarter games
- It takes 40 minutes to drive across country in The Crew, watch it happen right here
- EVE's new executive producer has a plan to attract new players with the help of old ones
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- A New Steam Controller
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Deals With Gold Weekly(?) Update
- What's your favorite silly game?