Capcom is unlikely to port older games to Nintendo's Wii U, according to a comment made on the Capcom forums by the company's senior vice president Christian Svensson.
Posting to a thread where users asked whether Capcom would be porting games like Resident Evil 6 to the Wii U, Svensson replied: "With regard to Wii U, in general we're looking forward, not back, so late ports are generally not on the table."
Capcom's first Wii U title will be Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, which is scheduled to release on the system in March 2013. In September of last year Svensson wrote on the Capcom forums that the company has projects for the Wii U beyond Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, but details for those games are currently under wraps.
- We play Titanfall, TowerFall and Dark Souls 2 in this week's Polygon Live
- Dark Souls 2 - Overview video
- R.B.I. Baseball 14 wants to be the simple, fast-paced game you remember
- Dark Souls 2: tips for beginners and returning masochists
- Nvidia debuts Battery Boost in new GTX 800M GPUs to improve laptop battery life
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Robot Mode (Wed 12 Mar)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Towerfall Diamond League
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Need your help fellow Polynauts regarding my thesis study!!!
- Just about ready to cash in my pre-order......
- Video frame issues - It can't just be me
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepare to Die (Tues 11 Mar)
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- The Last of US DLC