Capcom is unlikely to port older games to Nintendo's Wii U, according to a comment made on the Capcom forums by the company's senior vice president Christian Svensson.
Posting to a thread where users asked whether Capcom would be porting games like Resident Evil 6 to the Wii U, Svensson replied: "With regard to Wii U, in general we're looking forward, not back, so late ports are generally not on the table."
Capcom's first Wii U title will be Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, which is scheduled to release on the system in March 2013. In September of last year Svensson wrote on the Capcom forums that the company has projects for the Wii U beyond Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, but details for those games are currently under wraps.
- How Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition tricked us into playing Diablo 3 again
- Robin Williams' Genie may be immortalized in World of Warcraft
- Development hell: The video game
- Sexual conquest and emotional connections in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- Wii U pre-orders see a huge increase after Gamescom, says Amazon
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Feature to track games?
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- Why isn't Polygon talking about the Quinn thing ?
- Share your treasured Pokémon stories with us
- Polygon Video Player - What's the deal?
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Metro Redux: Will It Be A Must Purchase?