Eidos Montreal, the studio behind Deus Ex: Human Revolution and the upcoming Thief 4, is currently working on the multiplayer component of Crystal Dynamic's Tomb Raider reboot, according to Eidos community manager Meagan Marie.
Posting to the official Eidos forums, Marie confirmed that Crystal Dynamic's sister studio (which is owned by the same parent company Square Enix) is currently developing Tomb Raider's multiplayer mode.
"Tomb Raider will include a multiplayer offering thanks to the hard work of our sister-studio, the hugely talented Eidos Montreal," she wrote. "The team at Eidos Montreal has been working away at the multiplayer while we focused everything on the single-player offering."
Official Xbox magazine revealed that the game would have a multiplayer mode last week. More details are expected to be released at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) this month.
- OlliOlli developer Roll7's next trick, the kill combo-based shoot 'em up Not A Hero
- Blizzard silenced Hearthstone players, and it made the game amazing
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn on PS4 - Overview video
- Guild Wars' nine year anniversary festivities kick off April 22
- Conception 2 review: bad romance