Eidos Montreal, the studio behind Deus Ex: Human Revolution and the upcoming Thief 4, is currently working on the multiplayer component of Crystal Dynamic's Tomb Raider reboot, according to Eidos community manager Meagan Marie.
Posting to the official Eidos forums, Marie confirmed that Crystal Dynamic's sister studio (which is owned by the same parent company Square Enix) is currently developing Tomb Raider's multiplayer mode.
"Tomb Raider will include a multiplayer offering thanks to the hard work of our sister-studio, the hugely talented Eidos Montreal," she wrote. "The team at Eidos Montreal has been working away at the multiplayer while we focused everything on the single-player offering."
Official Xbox magazine revealed that the game would have a multiplayer mode last week. More details are expected to be released at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) this month.
- Game of Thrones' Maisie Williams in talks for The Last of Us movie
- Proof '90s kids playing video games are cooler than kids today
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Eve's new executive producer has a plan to attract new players with the help of old ones
- Battlefield Hardline's singleplayer tells the story of a good cop framed