A collector's edition of Dead Island: Riptide, the open-world zombie first-person shooter from Deep Silver, is available for pre-order today and includes zombie-themed collectibles and DLC, according to a press release from the developer.
The $79.99 Rigor Mortis Edition's digital offerings come from the game's Limited Edition, which contains weapon mods, skins and more. Fan's determined the more tangible offerings in a survey last year, and it will include a replica suitcase modeled after an item in the first Dead Island, a zombie hula girl figurine, a bottle opener/magnet in the shape of a bloody zombie arm as well as a keychain.
Deep Silver announced Limited Editions of the game for North American and European markets last year. Both geographical packages include "exclusive weapon mods," among other goodies.
Dead Island: Riptide is set to bring the zombie apocalypse back to Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Windows PC on April 23. To prepare for the inevitable end of all things, check out our preview from Gamescom 2012.
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet
- Kickstarter suspends Ex-STALKER devs' Areal campaign, West Games turns to direct funding