Activision's first-person shooter The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct will be released on March 26 in North America and March 29 in Europe, a representative for Activision told Polygon this morning.
The game will be published for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Windows PC, as well as the Nintendo Wii U, the representative confirmed.
According to Videogamer, the Wii U GamePad controller will be used to manage players' inventory.
"[Inventory management is] super-streamlined on the Wii U pad," producer Glenn Gamble told the publication at a recent preview event in London. "Literally as you're playing you can be tapping items, dropping them, throwing them, equipping them, stuff like that. So the controls are just a lot more streamlined [on Wii U], but overall all three [versions] are pretty much the same."
The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct is being developed by Terminal Reality, the studio behind the BloodRayne hack-and-slash horror games and Kinect Star Wars. Survival Instinct follows series protagonists Daryl and Merle Dixon through events taking place before the start of the television show's plot. Players take on the role of Daryl as he and his brother make their way to Atlanta, meeting up with familiar characters who will either help or harm him along the way.
Pre-orders are currently available through GameStop.
- Accused Airbnb squatter: 'Would squat again'
- The 'Mad Max: Fury Road' trailer is the most impressive thing to come out of Comic-Con
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: All the news from pop culture's biggest event
- The man who made Atari's E.T. names his worst video game of all time
- Lucy Lawless: New Wonder Woman looks like 'Xena meets Spartacus'