Hidden within a few frames of the recently released debut trailer for Cyberpunk 2077 is a message to fans of the Polish video game developer, promising an upcoming reveal of its next project, an open-world game.
The message, spotted by NeoGAF user EatChildren, gives some background into the development of Cyberpunk 2077, explaining what the game will be like, and why the company announced it so long before its intended release.
Near the end of the Easter Egg, the message reads, "And that's not all that's new, we are about the reveal our other project which is much closer to being completed. And yes, it will also be a fully open-world game with an intense story. You can probably guess the game we're talking about. On the 5th of February it will be all clear."
Rumors about The Witcher 3 have been circulating since last fall, originating from interviews with Polish games blog Gadzetomania. Those rumors not only stated that the title was in the works, but also, that it was further along in development than Cyberpunk 2077 — which this secret message appears to corroborate.
We've reached out to CD Projekt Red to comment on the secret message.
- How Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition tricked us into playing Diablo 3 again
- Robin Williams' Genie may be immortalized in World of Warcraft
- Development hell: The video game
- Sexual conquest and emotional connections in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- Wii U pre-orders see a huge increase after Gamescom, says Amazon