The gifts are the team's way of thanking players for their "feedback, participation and excitement for the Ascension multiplayer beta."
Interested parties can still join by signing up for a PlayStation Plus membership. The multiplayer beta for God of War: Ascension went live on Jan. 8. It features two game modes and two maps, as well as a preview of Ascension's four-player free-for-all mode.
PlayStation also released an interview with game director Todd Papy on the game's multiplayer, which you can view below. God of War: Ascension releases for PlayStation 3 on March 12 in North America.
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet
- $169 worth of awesome games (and Daikatana)