Over the weekend, Disney's U.K. studio transformed East London's Brick Lane marketplace into a landscape studded with 8-bit detailing to promote the U.K. release of animated film Wreck-It Ralph.
The classic game-inspired installations were designed and constructed by Aden Hynes and his team at Sculpture Studios, a U.K.-based group that specializes in scenic sculpting. Sculpture Studios' clientele list includes the BBC, Nintendo and Disney, to name a few.
Check out the video above for a glimpse at how Sculpture made its tiny world of 8-bit animals and letterboxes, and check the #8bitLane hashtag on Twitter for photos of the installation snapped by Brick Lane shoppers. Fans who don't live near London or who didn't get to see it live can take a virtual tour of 8-bit Lane on the installation's official website.
Wreck-It Ralph launches in the U.K. on Feb. 8.
- We play Titanfall, TowerFall and Dark Souls 2 in this week's Polygon Live
- R.B.I. Baseball 14 wants to be the simple, fast-paced game you remember
- Dark Souls 2: tips for beginners and returning masochists
- South Park: The Stick of Truth let me do everything but be myself, and that's a bummer
- Watch Unreal Engine 4 running in Firefox