In Dust 514, players assume the role of mercenaries on planets from CCP's long-running space sim. The games will interact with universal currency and global events, among other features in real time.
Dust 514's closed beta began last August when server movement brought cross-game messaging and chat. Last week, CCP began the process of merging the Dust 514 and Eve Online servers to create the cross-platform universe.
Those who don't want to wait for the open beta can purchase access for the current closed beta with the $19.99 Mercenary Pack. CCP will give anyone who plays a match before the Jan. 22 open beta a bonus of 100,000 skill points, which you can use to buy better gear or upgrade character perks.
To get a feel for Dust 514, you can check out a developer diary focused on the first-person shooter's weapons here.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Welcome to the Polygon Community!
- Which FPS are you most looking forward to in 2014?