Dead Island: Riptide will get a special Xbox 360 collector's edition when it releases in Europe and Australia, the Zombie Bait Edition, developer Deep Silver announced today.
This limited edition bundle will include a 31 cm high hand-painted resin statue of one of the island's zombies, a "grotesque take on an iconic Roman marble torso sculpture." Buyers will also get a Steelbook edition of Dead Island: Riptide, collectible cards featuring game artwork and a pack of exclusive weapon mods for use against the island's undead inhabitants.
"Dead Island: Riptide is one of the most anticipated releases of the year and is set to build on the original's reputation for OTT action, dark humor and brutal zombie bashing, said Deep Silver sales and marketing director Paul Nicholls. "We wanted to provide a unique collector's edition that was utterly Dead Island and would make a striking conversation piece on any discerning zombie gamer's mantel."
The Zombie Bait edition will see a limited production run and is currently available for pre-order at all major U.K. retailers for £99.99, and at GamesOnly.at for €119.99. Pricing details for other European countries will be announced soon.
The Rigor Mortis Edition, including special mods and skins, was announced earlier this month for North America.
Dead Island: Riptide will be released in Europe and Australia on April 26 and in North America on April 23.
Update: Gamers and press react.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Beast Mode (Thurs 24 April)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Titanfall less addictive than previous/similar games?
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Game freezes at the starting screen, launch error
- Changing Posting Name
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)