A trailer released today for Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, the upcoming hack-and-slash entry in Hideo Kojima's 25-year old franchise, highlights Raiden the cyborg ninja's swordplay.
Check out the seven-minute long trailer above to see Platinum Games' frenzied action and learn just how much Raiden (known as Jack back when he was a conscripted child soldier and Jack the Ripper in the trailer) enjoys slicing and dicing his cyborg opponents. You'll also catch a glimpse of the game's Zan-Datsu mechanic, which allows players to collect severed body parts and use them for upgrades.
For more on Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, check out our hands-on impressions of the first levels from last month. The game is set for release on Feb. 19, with a demo slated for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on Jan. 22.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Which FPS are you most looking forward to in 2014?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends