Microsoft Studios launched its Play gaming initiative today, a service providing titles for use across multiple compatible Windows 8 devices, along with the program's first 15 games, according to a post on Play XBLA.
Players can purchase Play games through the Windows 8 App Store or Xbox Live Marketplace on their Microsoft device of choice. All titles offer free trials to test them out before being purchased. Some also include leaderboard support, as well as multiplayer and a handful of other social features:
- 4 Elements: Special Edition
- Gunstringer: Dead Man Running
- Hydro Thunder Hurricane
- Microsoft Mahjong
- Microsoft Minesweeper
- Microsoft Solitaire Collection
- Pinball FX2
- Reckless Racing Ultimate
- Rocket Riot 3D
- Skulls of the Shogun (to be released on Jan. 30)
- Toy Soldiers (not playable on Windows RT devices)
Check out the video above for a look at Microsoft's Play service in action, as well as some of the games available today.