Players will face off against waves and waves of the franchise's iconic monsters, controlling characters from 20 different jobs like White Mage, Monk, Warrior and so on. By tapping on these characters after their ATB gauge fills up, they'll execute their attacks in quick succession; though a Fever mode which activates every three hours removes the gauges altogether, turning the fight into a tapping free-for-all.
Heroes will level up with experience gained from battles, unlocking new jobs, character slots and items. Players can also spend real money to unlock more characters from the series — Final Fantasy 7's Cloud is seen in one screenshot — as well as additional stages from later installments in the series. These microtransactions will be stacked on top of the game's sale price when it launches tomorrow, which is NZ$4.19 in the New Zealand App Store; roughly $3.50 in U.S. dollars.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 100% Complete (Thu 6 Mar)
- How to make "South Park:Stick of Truth" more like Final Fantasy