The Account Migration tool allowing Xbox Live members to move their accounts between countries is now live, a representative of Microsoft confirmed to Polygon this morning.
Members can sign into Xbox.com and follow the steps on the Migration page to transfer their account for use in another region.
Microsoft indicates that players' Xbox Live profile, gamerscore, achievements, Microsoft Points balance and any remaining time on a Gold membership are transferable. Users can only transfer their account to a different region once every 3 months.
Xbox Music subscriptions cannot be moved. Current subscriptions will be canceled as part of a user's move and remaining account time will not be refunded. The company also notes that access to some services may not be available in certain regions, such as specific cable providers, or may be blocked for legal reasons.
Microsoft began allowing account migration between countries with a "pilot program" it launched back in October. The company announced its plans to improve the tool in December, revealing a mid-January release for its updated version.
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- How well does PlayStation Now work on PS4?
- Ultima Forever comes to an end months after closure of EA Mythic