Bungie will take a deep dive into the world of its yet-to-be-officially-announced new game, Destiny, during an hour-long lecture called "Brave New World: New Bungie IP" at the 2013 Game Developers Conference in March, according to the convention's schedule.
The presentation from design director Joe Staten and art director Christopher Barrett, both of whom are 11-year Bungie veterans, will give attendees "key insights into Bungie's battle-tested design process" and a look at the studio's "world building techniques, from concept to production." Staten and Barrett will also offer a look at the world of Destiny itself, which the studio refers to as "a place where the next ten years of great Bungie adventures will unfold."
There's no word on whether Bungie or Destiny publisher Activision plan to announce Destiny before GDC. But Bungie confirmed the game's existence by posting concept art on its website in November, in response to leaked documents and images detailing the project.
According to the leaked background information, which came from a document created by a marketing agency outside Bungie, Destiny takes place 700 years from now as the remnants of humanity attempt to defend the Last City on Earth from aliens trying to wipe out the human race and take over the planet. The document also said Destiny is in development on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and the next Xbox, with future entries in the franchise set to be released on the next PlayStation console and Windows PC.
Reached for comment, an Activision representative told Polygon the company has "nothing to report at this point."
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepare to Die (Tues 11 Mar)
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Why no wireless chat with Xbox One Headsets?
- Mobile Marketing Tips
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- This is why we can't have nice things.
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (March 2014)
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)