Skyrim modder Hritik Vaishnav has created a high definition enhanced terrain mod that increases the detail of faraway textures which, in the mod-free version of Skyrim, can often look blurry at extreme distances.
The mod creates a more detailed grass-like effect on the terrain and adds a more rugged look to the game's vistas. Vaishnav says that the increase in texture does not have a noticeable impact on the game's performance or frame-rate, and two versions are available for download: a high-detail, high-noise variation and a slightly less-detailed version that blends seamlessly into the existing textures.
Vaishnav also has two other Skyrim mods: one for dynamic snow and one for real snow. The dynamic snow mod enhances the snow terrain in Skyrim, creating a visible difference in the landscape's contours and shadows. The real snow mod makes the in-game snow look more realistic, whiter and more seamless.
The HD Enhanced Terrain mod is now available for download.
- How video games can change the world, one child at a time
- Playing with privilege: the invisible benefits of gaming while male
- Why a deal between Netflix and Comcast matters to gamers
- Moebius: Empire Rising review: remedial history
- Child of Light's creators discuss the birth of Aurora and her fairytale journey