Every Wednesday for the next six weeks — including today — Sony will give away a free game from its PlayStation Mobile lineup. Today's free offering is Beatnik Games' side-scrolling rhythm-action title Samurai Beatdown, a PlayStation Mobile launch game.
PlayStation Mobile games are available to download from the PlayStation Store and playable on the PlayStation Vita and PlayStation Certified platforms, including Sony tablets and smartphones and HTC Android devices.
Samurai Beatdown is normally priced at $0.99. On the PlayStation Blog, PlayStation Digital Platforms community manager Paul Sullivan writes that the next free PlayStation Mobile game will be announced next Tuesday, Jan. 22.
Sony launched its PlayStation Mobile initiative in October 2012, aiming to bring "bite-sized games" to the Vita and PlayStation Certified hardware.
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- Dota 2 team Newbee just won The International 4 — along with the largest eSports prize pool in history
- Watch Dogs modder releases final version of his PC graphics overhaul, TheWorse Mod
- I'm reviewing every FMV game because I'm broken inside
- Quit Twitter before you're hard, quit Instagram before you're soft