Every Wednesday for the next six weeks — including today — Sony will give away a free game from its PlayStation Mobile lineup. Today's free offering is Beatnik Games' side-scrolling rhythm-action title Samurai Beatdown, a PlayStation Mobile launch game.
PlayStation Mobile games are available to download from the PlayStation Store and playable on the PlayStation Vita and PlayStation Certified platforms, including Sony tablets and smartphones and HTC Android devices.
Samurai Beatdown is normally priced at $0.99. On the PlayStation Blog, PlayStation Digital Platforms community manager Paul Sullivan writes that the next free PlayStation Mobile game will be announced next Tuesday, Jan. 22.
Sony launched its PlayStation Mobile initiative in October 2012, aiming to bring "bite-sized games" to the Vita and PlayStation Certified hardware.
- Riot taught me League of Legends (and now I'm teaching you)
- Tonight, a nation's favorite game will award a human prize
- Dota 2 needs a white flag
- HBO documentary examines addiction, ethics of game design in shadow of child's death
- Why Shadow of Mordor's undead Elven hero and sexy Sauron are such a big deal