According to Imangi co-founder Keith Shepherd, the Android version of Temple Run 2 is almost done, and the company intends to launch it next week through Google Play and the Amazon Appstore. Shepherd cautioned that the date isn't quite finalized — "with these things, you never know," he said — but that's the plan at this point.
Shepherd explained that Imangi built Temple Run 2 entirely in the cross-platform Unity engine to make porting easier. The company also picked Unity to cut down on the potential for problems with various versions of the game; the Android version of Temple Run suffered from well-publicized performance and stability issues for some users.
Check back later today for our full interview with Shepherd on Temple Run 2. In the meantime, you can check out three screenshots of Temple Run 2 below.
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: All the news from pop culture's biggest event
- Hearthstone dev invents stories that tell themselves
- HBO documentary examines addiction, ethics of game design in shadow of child's death
- Here's the opening to that Bayonetta anime they've been talking about forever
- Learn how to copy, and know when to steal