Update: When reached for comment, a representative for LucasArts said that while the company does not have any new announcements at this time regarding Star Wars 1313, the information listed on PlayStation Germany's Facebook page is incorrect.
"Unfortunately we do not have any announcements to make at this time," the representative told Polygon. "At the same time, it is safe to say that this report is not accurate."
At this time PlayStation Germany's Facebook page appears to be down.
The original story is posted below.
LucasArts' Star Wars 1313 may be coming to PlayStation 3 this year, according to a post on the Facebook page of PlayStation's German branch.
The information comes from the description of one of the page's albums, titled "Star Wars 1313 (c) Lucas Arts," containing previously released teaser images and screenshots of the title. The description reads: "Star Wars 1313 will arrive in 2013 for PlayStation 3."
Epic Games confirmed that the Star Wars 1313 demo shown at E3 2012 ran on Unreal Engine 3, although speculation was that the game was rendered on Epic's next-gen Unreal Engine 4. Epic and LucasArts have yet to announce what platforms the game will be available on or a release date.
LucasArts filed the trademark for Star Wars 1313 back in May 2012. The filing lists the trademark for use with "video game software, computer game software, books containing puzzles and games, action figures, on-line entertainment services for computer and video games, and online social network services."
The video game was officially announced in the days leading up to E3, along with plot details. The story will focus on the adventures of a bounty hunter as he navigates through the planet Coruscant's subterranean metropolis to the criminal underground of Level 1313.
- Dark Souls 2 review: not the end
- Why you don't want an online mode in TowerFall
- Back to work: The story of the Hello Games flood
- Titanfall review: my buddy
- PlayStation Home getting Trophy support March 12
- Street Fighter: The Movie — What went wrong
- BitSummit 2014 grants first awards, nearly triples last year's attendance
- Publishing games on Facebook leads to future mobile success, says EU head
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt to launch February 2015
- Are we living in a portable game golden age without knowing it?