Four of the most anticipated Wii U games of 2013 — Pikmin 3, Game & Wario, The Wonderful 101 and Wii Fit U — were previously announced as "launch window" titles for the console, but Nintendo said today they would launch in the first six months of the year.
Earlier this morning, Nintendo announced launch dates and release windows for dozens of Wii U, Wii and 3DS titles launching in the first quarter of 2013 ending March 31 — which is also the end of the "launch window" laid out by the company following the Wii U's announcement. The four aforementioned Wii U games were not listed with dates in the press release; instead, Nintendo said the titles "will arrive in the first half of the year."
The press release also made no mention of Animal Crossing: New Leaf, which launched on 3DS in Japan last November and was scheduled last week for a Feb. 7 release in South Korea. Nintendo announced last month that New Leaf would launch in Europe in the second quarter of 2013.
We've reached out to Nintendo for comment, and will update this article with any information we receive.
Update: Nintendo provided us with the following statement:
As stated in the release, Game & Wario, The Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3 and Wii Fit U will arrive in the first half of the year. Additional information about launch timing for these games will be announced at a later date. We have no further announcements at this time.
- Proof '90s kids playing video games are cooler than kids today
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Eve's new executive producer has a plan to attract new players with the help of old ones
- Game of Thrones' Maisie Williams in talks for The Last of Us movie
- Lords of the Fallen pre-orders get free upgrade to Limited Edition
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- What's your favorite silly game?
- DESTINY disappointment?
- PLAYSTATION WONT SIGN IN
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Women in Games: A Reaction