Four of the most anticipated Wii U games of 2013 — Pikmin 3, Game & Wario, The Wonderful 101 and Wii Fit U — were previously announced as "launch window" titles for the console, but Nintendo said today they would launch in the first six months of the year.
Earlier this morning, Nintendo announced launch dates and release windows for dozens of Wii U, Wii and 3DS titles launching in the first quarter of 2013 ending March 31 — which is also the end of the "launch window" laid out by the company following the Wii U's announcement. The four aforementioned Wii U games were not listed with dates in the press release; instead, Nintendo said the titles "will arrive in the first half of the year."
The press release also made no mention of Animal Crossing: New Leaf, which launched on 3DS in Japan last November and was scheduled last week for a Feb. 7 release in South Korea. Nintendo announced last month that New Leaf would launch in Europe in the second quarter of 2013.
We've reached out to Nintendo for comment, and will update this article with any information we receive.
Update: Nintendo provided us with the following statement:
As stated in the release, Game & Wario, The Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3 and Wii Fit U will arrive in the first half of the year. Additional information about launch timing for these games will be announced at a later date. We have no further announcements at this time.
- Female representation in gaming
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Weekend at Pokégon's: Open Thread - Aug 23-24
- 'Goodbye Polygon,' said Frushtick
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9