Four of the most anticipated Wii U games of 2013 — Pikmin 3, Game & Wario, The Wonderful 101 and Wii Fit U — were previously announced as "launch window" titles for the console, but Nintendo said today they would launch in the first six months of the year.
Earlier this morning, Nintendo announced launch dates and release windows for dozens of Wii U, Wii and 3DS titles launching in the first quarter of 2013 ending March 31 — which is also the end of the "launch window" laid out by the company following the Wii U's announcement. The four aforementioned Wii U games were not listed with dates in the press release; instead, Nintendo said the titles "will arrive in the first half of the year."
The press release also made no mention of Animal Crossing: New Leaf, which launched on 3DS in Japan last November and was scheduled last week for a Feb. 7 release in South Korea. Nintendo announced last month that New Leaf would launch in Europe in the second quarter of 2013.
We've reached out to Nintendo for comment, and will update this article with any information we receive.
Update: Nintendo provided us with the following statement:
As stated in the release, Game & Wario, The Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3 and Wii Fit U will arrive in the first half of the year. Additional information about launch timing for these games will be announced at a later date. We have no further announcements at this time.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Public Holidays = Relax! (Fri 18 Apr)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: PLACE HAND HERE! (Thu 17 Apr)
- Which platform will you get Dark Souls 2 on?
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- inFamous Screenshot Potluck Extravaganza!
- The best song in a video game?
- Controller Design Competition
- PC/MAC Strategy Games Like Warcraft II
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward