Ubisoft's ZombiU servers contain more than 300,000 zombified ex-players that the developer could use for future content, according to an interview with producer Guillaume Brunier published in Nintendo World Report.
Character death is permanent in ZombiU. When players meet their end, they continue the campaign as a new character who inevitably runs into the zombie version of the recently departed. Encounters can also include characters from other players' games, which are stored on Ubisoft's servers.
Those undead assets could serve as a beacon for additions to the game, according to Brunier.
"We're having a lot of fun doing this," he said. "And we have many ideas to get this ball rolling. One in particular is about our 300,000-plus zombified friends stored on our servers. Who knows what we could do with them?"
- Sony agrees to $15M settlement in 2011 data breach class action
- Dwarf Fortress will crush your CPU because creating history is hard
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- Launching Civilization: Beyond Earth
- Final Fantasy designer Tetsuya Nomura shows his extreme take on Batman