Criterion's Need for Speed Most Wanted on Wii U will be fully playable on the GamePad only and will include additional downloadable content as well as a new local co-op mode, publisher Electronic Arts announced today.
In the new Co-Driver two-player co-op mode, one player drives using a classic Wii Remote controller or Wii U Pro Controller while the other provides navigational assistance using the Wii U GamePad. The GamePad will display an interactive real-time map of the city through which players can tap and swipe to distract police, control the amount of traffic and activate performance enhancers on the driver's car as well as toggle between day and night.
EA has also confirmed the entire game is playable off-screen using the GamePad only. The GamePad can also be used to switch cars and swap mods, track player records and find hidden goodies scattered throughout the city of Fairhaven.
The Wii U version of Most Wanted also includes the Ultimate Speed Pack add-on content, which adds five more cars with higher speeds for players to choose from.
Need for Speed Most Wanted will be available for Wii U on March 19 in North America and March 21 in Europe.
- Dota 2 needs a white flag
- Riot taught me League of Legends (and now I'm teaching you)
- Tonight, a nation's favorite game will award a human prize
- Hotline Miami publisher is coming to the rescue of GaymerX after this week's funding mishap
- HBO documentary examines addiction, ethics of game design in shadow of child's death