Spicy Horse's Akaneiro: Demon Hunters is having its open beta extended to Jan. 22, the developer announced today.
The open beta was originally meant to end this week and the game was to be taken down while the development team worked on final tweaks ahead of its official launch, but Spicy Horse has extended the beta in order to give players a chance to check out the game and decide whether they wish to back it on Kickstarter.
When Polygon spoke to Spicy Horse's American McGee earlier this week, he said that Akaneiro is already complete and the Kickstarter campaign exists to help fund iOS and Android versions of the game, as well as additional features that didn't make the current version.
Polygon's interview with American McGee can be read here.
- Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell sends the Saints to Hell in 2015
- Nintendo reveals the New Nintendo 3DS
- Help us choose the best reader-designed Sunset Overdrive character
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- Tales from the Borderlands lets you stop and smell the chaotic roses