Spicy Horse's Akaneiro: Demon Hunters is having its open beta extended to Jan. 22, the developer announced today.
The open beta was originally meant to end this week and the game was to be taken down while the development team worked on final tweaks ahead of its official launch, but Spicy Horse has extended the beta in order to give players a chance to check out the game and decide whether they wish to back it on Kickstarter.
When Polygon spoke to Spicy Horse's American McGee earlier this week, he said that Akaneiro is already complete and the Kickstarter campaign exists to help fund iOS and Android versions of the game, as well as additional features that didn't make the current version.
Polygon's interview with American McGee can be read here.
- How video games can change the world, one child at a time
- Playing with privilege: the invisible benefits of gaming while male
- Why a deal between Netflix and Comcast matters to gamers
- Tabletop Simulator - Overview video
- Limbo, Skullgirls Encore and more join PlayStation Instant Game Collection in May