Spicy Horse's Akaneiro: Demon Hunters is having its open beta extended to Jan. 22, the developer announced today.
The open beta was originally meant to end this week and the game was to be taken down while the development team worked on final tweaks ahead of its official launch, but Spicy Horse has extended the beta in order to give players a chance to check out the game and decide whether they wish to back it on Kickstarter.
When Polygon spoke to Spicy Horse's American McGee earlier this week, he said that Akaneiro is already complete and the Kickstarter campaign exists to help fund iOS and Android versions of the game, as well as additional features that didn't make the current version.
Polygon's interview with American McGee can be read here.
- This is a video game (and it's the best thing ever)
- The Sims 4 gameplay video - 48 hours in the life of a Sim
- Here's your first look at Dead or Alive 5 Last Round on PS4 and Xbox One
- Nearly 1K developers sign letter to end intolerance in the games community (update)
- There is a human inside this insane Metal Gear cosplay