Tomb Raider developer Crystal Dynamics will not release a pre-launch demo of their upcoming title in order to avoid spoiling the game's narrative, global brand director Karl Stewart stated in a tweet.
"For all those @tombraider fans asking. There are no plans to release a demo of the game pre-launch. We don't want to spoil the story," wrote Stewart. "We've weaved such an personal story we don't believe spoiling it by having you wait a week or so to play on, delivers on our promise."
The single-player campaign of this Tomb Raider reboot is said to last roughly 12 to 15 hours and feature numerous side-stories and hidden rooms. Stewart previously stated the storyline will include "plenty of twists," adding that fans could expect to see a sequel if the game does well.
Square Enix will release Tomb Raider for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Windows PC on March 5, 2013 in North America.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- The best song in a video game?
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: M! (Wed 16 Apr)
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Controller Design Competition
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?
- Scrolling front page - can't access bottom banner
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol.2, No.7: Warai, Warai!