Tomb Raider developer Crystal Dynamics will not release a pre-launch demo of their upcoming title in order to avoid spoiling the game's narrative, global brand director Karl Stewart stated in a tweet.
"For all those @tombraider fans asking. There are no plans to release a demo of the game pre-launch. We don't want to spoil the story," wrote Stewart. "We've weaved such an personal story we don't believe spoiling it by having you wait a week or so to play on, delivers on our promise."
The single-player campaign of this Tomb Raider reboot is said to last roughly 12 to 15 hours and feature numerous side-stories and hidden rooms. Stewart previously stated the storyline will include "plenty of twists," adding that fans could expect to see a sequel if the game does well.
Square Enix will release Tomb Raider for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Windows PC on March 5, 2013 in North America.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 2sday (Tue 22 April)
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Polygon Feast & Fitness Vol. 3
- Project Spark Love
- Titanfall less addictive than previous/similar games?
- After this, GTA V for PC is pretty much confirmed
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Easter Monday MMXIV (Mon 21 April)