Tomb Raider developer Crystal Dynamics will not release a pre-launch demo of their upcoming title in order to avoid spoiling the game's narrative, global brand director Karl Stewart stated in a tweet.
"For all those @tombraider fans asking. There are no plans to release a demo of the game pre-launch. We don't want to spoil the story," wrote Stewart. "We've weaved such an personal story we don't believe spoiling it by having you wait a week or so to play on, delivers on our promise."
The single-player campaign of this Tomb Raider reboot is said to last roughly 12 to 15 hours and feature numerous side-stories and hidden rooms. Stewart previously stated the storyline will include "plenty of twists," adding that fans could expect to see a sequel if the game does well.
Square Enix will release Tomb Raider for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Windows PC on March 5, 2013 in North America.
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 100% Complete (Thu 6 Mar)
- Help needed to find a reputable source for statistics for Indian gaming industry.
- Welcome to the Polygon Community!
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- XBOne Classifieds
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- How to make "South Park:Stick of Truth" more like Final Fantasy
- When Gameplay coincides with the story