Tomb Raider developer Crystal Dynamics will not release a pre-launch demo of their upcoming title in order to avoid spoiling the game's narrative, global brand director Karl Stewart stated in a tweet.
"For all those @tombraider fans asking. There are no plans to release a demo of the game pre-launch. We don't want to spoil the story," wrote Stewart. "We've weaved such an personal story we don't believe spoiling it by having you wait a week or so to play on, delivers on our promise."
The single-player campaign of this Tomb Raider reboot is said to last roughly 12 to 15 hours and feature numerous side-stories and hidden rooms. Stewart previously stated the storyline will include "plenty of twists," adding that fans could expect to see a sequel if the game does well.
Square Enix will release Tomb Raider for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Windows PC on March 5, 2013 in North America.
- The Last of Us review update: Remastered on PS4
- Accused Airbnb squatter: 'Would squat again'
- The 'Mad Max: Fury Road' trailer is the most impressive thing to come out of Comic-Con
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: All the news from pop culture's biggest event
- What do Shakespeare and The Last of Us movie have in common?
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- RIP Friends List?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Really Horrible