Beta testers will be able to play a one-hour section of the game. Interested parties can head to the game's website to register for beta access until 9 p.m. ET Jan. 21, although Maxis has been allowing people to sign up since the studio announced the beta's existence during Gamescom 2012.
While SimCity will be available on both Windows PC and Mac OS X, Maxis is only running a PC beta at this time. The beta period will begin at noon ET Jan. 25 and end at 3 a.m. ET Jan. 28.
SimCity launches March 5. For more, check out our recent interview with its creative director on how the game's concept of communities arose during development.
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- Dota 2 team Newbee just won The International 4 — along with the largest eSports prize pool in history
- Bungie pays up $95K to the composer behind Halo
- I'm reviewing every FMV game because I'm broken inside
- Quit Twitter before you're hard, quit Instagram before you're soft