You may have noticed the abundance of Dark Souls material on Polygon over the past week, and wondered why we've written and filmed so much stuff about a game that was released over a year ago.
The answer is quite simple: 1.) I'm cheap, and Dark Souls — which can be downloaded for less than the cost of a taxi ride — is now in my "affordable enough that I can't resist" window 2.) Dark Souls is evergreen. That is to say, you can talk about it months later, and fans still care immensely — probably because nothing quite like it has been released since. 3.) Because we felt like talking about Dark Souls, and nobody's the boss of us. Except Chris Grant. And his superiors.
So, enjoy this lethal edition of Cooperatives, check out Frushtick's Today I Played and stop by the forums' active Dark Souls discussion. If you haven't tried Dark Souls, now's a good time. And if you've beaten Dark Souls, well, you'll probably want to do it again.
For more Cooperatives, visit our episode page.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- WTB physical DS2 for PC in US
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Cheap Shark for Games?
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Square Goods @PS4 INVITE live 9pm pst
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- PS4 Now or Wait Till Price Drop & Gaikai?
- The controller: will it get fixed?