Dragon Age: Those Who Speak, a graphic novel set in the Dragon Age universe and co-written by the video game series' lead writer David Gaider, is set for release on Feb. 12, according to the novel's listing on Amazon.
Billed as a canonical entry in BioWare's fantasy role-playing game universe, the story follows the "reluctant monarch King Alistair" as he "travels to an empire of evil mages" with the pirate captain Isabela. The graphic novel will retail for $14.99, but is available for pre-order on Amazon for $10.19.
Gage is also writing a series of comic books based in the video game's universe. Dragon Age: Until We Sleep #2 is set for an April 24 release, according to a listing on Comic Book Resources provided by Dark Horse Comics. Its story follows Dwarven rogue Varric Tethras "as he travels through the realm of magic and fantasy rescuing his companions from the dreams — and nightmares — that have imprisoned their minds."
Gaider wrote the stories for Dragon Age: Origins, Dragon Age: Origins - Awakenings as well as novels based on BioWare's fantasy role-playing games like Dragon Age: The Calling and Dragon Age: Asunder. Before working on Dragon Age, Gaider wrote for the Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic and the Baldur's Gate franchise.
- Dota 2 needs a white flag
- Riot taught me League of Legends (and now I'm teaching you)
- Tonight, a nation's favorite game will award a human prize
- Hotline Miami publisher is coming to the rescue of GaymerX after this week's funding mishap
- HBO documentary examines addiction, ethics of game design in shadow of child's death