The latest Humble Indie Bundle has come to a close with $2.65 million in total sales over a two-week period, according to the official site. Nearly 400,000 bundles — a mix of nine indie video games, game soundtracks and documentary Indie Game: The Movie — were sold.
Thanks to contributions made during Humble Indie Bundle 7, the group has raised more than $10 million for charity, according to Humble Bundle's Jeffrey Rosen. Humble Bundle buyers can opt to donate a portion of their bundle contribution to Child's Play and the Electronic Frontier Foundation.
Humble Indie Bundle 7 launched on Dec. 19 with Windows, Mac and Linux versions of The Binding of Isaac, Closure, Shank 2, Snapshot, Legend of Grimrock, Dungeon Defenders and Indie Game: The Movie. The following week, the bundle added The Basement Collection, Cave Story+ and Offspring Fling.
The average purchase price for Humble Indie Bundle 7 was $6.69, with Linux users averaging higher at $10.48 per bundle and Windows users averaging slightly less at $6.23 per bundle. The largest contribution topped out at $1,256.
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- A guided tour of the 1 KB hard drive built inside Minecraft
- Minecon is officially off this year; looks to return in 2015
- Fez developer Polytron hacked in ongoing game developer harassment effort
- Microsoft hosting ID@Xbox open house before PAX kicks off