God of War: Ascension's multiplayer beta is now open to all PlayStation Network users through the holiday weekend, PlayStation Blog announced.
The beta launched in early January, when it was initially available only to "Rise of the Warrior" participants, and then PlayStation Plus members. To join, PSN users need only redeem the code provided here.
Participants can try out the beta's new weapons, maps and different modes, including Deathmatch, 4-player free-for-all or 8-player capture the flag.
The open beta will last until 3 a.m. ET on Tuesday, Jan. 22. PlayStation Blog recently posted a teaser trailer for the game's single-player, as well as the special items included in the Collector's Edition. God of War: Ascension will release March 12 for PlayStation 3.
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- A guided tour of the 1 KB hard drive built inside Minecraft
- Do low game prices spell a 'mass extinction' for game developers?
- Fez developer Polytron hacked in ongoing game developer harassment effort
- Pokémon's Slowpoke has its own official reggae song