Electronic Arts will collaborate with GlassLab to develop SimCityEDU, an online community based off of the SimCity game for teachers to use as a teaching tool, Business Wire reports.
SimCityEDU will allow teachers to create and share lessons digitally, which will teach critical thinking about the problems modern cities face.
Lucy Bradshaw, the senior vice president and general manager of EA's Maxis Label, explained that SimCityEDU "will become the foundation of a program to re-imagine learning in a way that will inspire today's youth."
"For decades, SimCity has been embraced by the educational community as an engaging video game that also provides a powerful learning experience, teaching problem solving skills through imaginative civic gameplay," Bradshaw said.
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- Dota 2 team Newbee just won The International 4 — along with the largest eSports prize pool in history
- Bungie pays up $95K to the composer behind Halo
- I'm reviewing every FMV game because I'm broken inside
- Quit Twitter before you're hard, quit Instagram before you're soft