Developer Bungie answered the request of a sick child's father this week by sending his son a bundle of Halo goodies while he is recovering from a liver transplant, according to the father's most recent post on Reddit.
Two weeks ago Reddit user "fiscal_" reached out to r/Halo, asking if any members had contact information for Bungie. His young son, an avid Halo fan, had received a liver transplant two days prior and his father sought a way to cheer him during his "bumpy" recovery.
With help from several Reddit users, Bungie and the father were able to connect. The developer responded by sending the boy a care package containing a full-sized, detailed replica of Halo: Reach protagonist Carter's helmet, Halo t-shirts and a card filled with well wishes from the Bungie staff.
"Fiscal" shared an album on Imgur showing his son enjoying Bungie's gifts as he recovers.
"My family can't thank Bungie enough," the father wrote in a post on Reddit yesterday. "I know that they have had a huge impact on how well my son has been recovering after his surgery."
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 23
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- DESTINY disappointment?
- A New Steam Controller
- 25 character code not working on Xbox1
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 22
- Standby Or Off On PS4