Developer Bungie answered the request of a sick child's father this week by sending his son a bundle of Halo goodies while he is recovering from a liver transplant, according to the father's most recent post on Reddit.
Two weeks ago Reddit user "fiscal_" reached out to r/Halo, asking if any members had contact information for Bungie. His young son, an avid Halo fan, had received a liver transplant two days prior and his father sought a way to cheer him during his "bumpy" recovery.
With help from several Reddit users, Bungie and the father were able to connect. The developer responded by sending the boy a care package containing a full-sized, detailed replica of Halo: Reach protagonist Carter's helmet, Halo t-shirts and a card filled with well wishes from the Bungie staff.
"Fiscal" shared an album on Imgur showing his son enjoying Bungie's gifts as he recovers.
"My family can't thank Bungie enough," the father wrote in a post on Reddit yesterday. "I know that they have had a huge impact on how well my son has been recovering after his surgery."
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 100% Complete (Thu 6 Mar)
- Help needed to find a reputable source for statistics for Indian gaming industry.
- Welcome to the Polygon Community!
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- XBOne Classifieds
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- How to make "South Park:Stick of Truth" more like Final Fantasy