Sony CEO Kaz Hirai has suggested that the company will wait to unveil its next-generation hardware until Microsoft has first announced the Xbox 360 successor, according to a report in The Times.
"Why go first when your competitors can look at your specifications and come up with something better," Hirai said in response to a question about possible hardware release windows, hinting that Sony will wait until Microsoft has unveiled their own technology well before announcing their own.
Last week rumors circulated that the next PlayStation model would abandon the Dualshock controller design in favor of touchscreen controls similar to those on the PlayStation Vita. A source close to CVG also claimed Sony's new console would be announced in the coming weeks, though Sony declined comment.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 29
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Dancing Plante - Thu Aug 28
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Games with great Sound Design
- Where to buy?
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- On Being A "Gamer"