Sony CEO Kaz Hirai has suggested that the company will wait to unveil its next-generation hardware until Microsoft has first announced the Xbox 360 successor, according to a report in The Times.
"Why go first when your competitors can look at your specifications and come up with something better," Hirai said in response to a question about possible hardware release windows, hinting that Sony will wait until Microsoft has unveiled their own technology well before announcing their own.
Last week rumors circulated that the next PlayStation model would abandon the Dualshock controller design in favor of touchscreen controls similar to those on the PlayStation Vita. A source close to CVG also claimed Sony's new console would be announced in the coming weeks, though Sony declined comment.
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- XBOne Classifieds
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- Is there anyone who doesnt like Titanfall?
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (March 2014)
- When Gameplay coincides with the story
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules