Sony CEO Kaz Hirai has suggested that the company will wait to unveil its next-generation hardware until Microsoft has first announced the Xbox 360 successor, according to a report in The Times.
"Why go first when your competitors can look at your specifications and come up with something better," Hirai said in response to a question about possible hardware release windows, hinting that Sony will wait until Microsoft has unveiled their own technology well before announcing their own.
Last week rumors circulated that the next PlayStation model would abandon the Dualshock controller design in favor of touchscreen controls similar to those on the PlayStation Vita. A source close to CVG also claimed Sony's new console would be announced in the coming weeks, though Sony declined comment.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Changing Posting Name
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- Twitch Stream: Titanfall (One Match)
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 2sday (Tue 22 April)
- Polygon Feast & Fitness Vol. 3
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant