Crossover strategy role-playing game Project X Zone is coming to Nintendo 3DS in North America, Europe and Australia this summer, publisher Namco Bandai announced today.
Project X Zone, by Xenosaga developer Monolith Soft and Super Robot Wars developer Banpresto, features more than 50 characters from 29 of Capcom, Sega and Namco's most popular franchises. Players will choose two of these characters, called a Pair Unit, to explore worlds from these franchises and interact with their inhabitants, all the while searching for a rift that links these worlds together to stop evil forces from passing through.
"Project X Zone is the first title to ever combine such a large cast of characters from a varied list of game franchises into one grand adventure," said Namco Bandai Games America vice president of marketing Carlson Choi in a pres release. "Developing a cohesive game and storyline to encompass all of these great characters and their battle-styles was a huge challenge that has paid off greatly with the creation of a truly unique and groundbreaking gaming experience."
Project X Zone was originally released in Japan on Oct. 11, 2012.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- Nintendo lost $97M last quarter even with the success of Mario Kart 8
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- What's your favorite silly game?
- RIP Friends List?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Tell Us Your Story