Crossover strategy role-playing game Project X Zone is coming to Nintendo 3DS in North America, Europe and Australia this summer, publisher Namco Bandai announced today.
Project X Zone, by Xenosaga developer Monolith Soft and Super Robot Wars developer Banpresto, features more than 50 characters from 29 of Capcom, Sega and Namco's most popular franchises. Players will choose two of these characters, called a Pair Unit, to explore worlds from these franchises and interact with their inhabitants, all the while searching for a rift that links these worlds together to stop evil forces from passing through.
"Project X Zone is the first title to ever combine such a large cast of characters from a varied list of game franchises into one grand adventure," said Namco Bandai Games America vice president of marketing Carlson Choi in a pres release. "Developing a cohesive game and storyline to encompass all of these great characters and their battle-styles was a huge challenge that has paid off greatly with the creation of a truly unique and groundbreaking gaming experience."
Project X Zone was originally released in Japan on Oct. 11, 2012.
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Getting a PS4
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- The Last of US DLC
- PS4 Now or Wait Till Price Drop & Gaikai?
- The controller: will it get fixed?