Crossover strategy role-playing game Project X Zone is coming to Nintendo 3DS in North America, Europe and Australia this summer, publisher Namco Bandai announced today.
Project X Zone, by Xenosaga developer Monolith Soft and Super Robot Wars developer Banpresto, features more than 50 characters from 29 of Capcom, Sega and Namco's most popular franchises. Players will choose two of these characters, called a Pair Unit, to explore worlds from these franchises and interact with their inhabitants, all the while searching for a rift that links these worlds together to stop evil forces from passing through.
"Project X Zone is the first title to ever combine such a large cast of characters from a varied list of game franchises into one grand adventure," said Namco Bandai Games America vice president of marketing Carlson Choi in a pres release. "Developing a cohesive game and storyline to encompass all of these great characters and their battle-styles was a huge challenge that has paid off greatly with the creation of a truly unique and groundbreaking gaming experience."
Project X Zone was originally released in Japan on Oct. 11, 2012.
More from Polygon
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- What Last-Gen Game Do You Want Remade For Next-Gen?
- Women in Games: A Reaction
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Tell Us Your Story