Crossover strategy role-playing game Project X Zone is coming to Nintendo 3DS in North America, Europe and Australia this summer, publisher Namco Bandai announced today.
Project X Zone, by Xenosaga developer Monolith Soft and Super Robot Wars developer Banpresto, features more than 50 characters from 29 of Capcom, Sega and Namco's most popular franchises. Players will choose two of these characters, called a Pair Unit, to explore worlds from these franchises and interact with their inhabitants, all the while searching for a rift that links these worlds together to stop evil forces from passing through.
"Project X Zone is the first title to ever combine such a large cast of characters from a varied list of game franchises into one grand adventure," said Namco Bandai Games America vice president of marketing Carlson Choi in a pres release. "Developing a cohesive game and storyline to encompass all of these great characters and their battle-styles was a huge challenge that has paid off greatly with the creation of a truly unique and groundbreaking gaming experience."
Project X Zone was originally released in Japan on Oct. 11, 2012.
- How video games can change the world, one child at a time
- Playing with privilege: the invisible benefits of gaming while male
- Why a deal between Netflix and Comcast matters to gamers
- Moebius: Empire Rising review: remedial history
- Child of Light's creators discuss the birth of Aurora and her fairytale journey
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Beast Mode (Thurs 24 April)
- Titanfall less addictive than previous/similar games?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Game freezes at the starting screen, launch error
- Changing Posting Name
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)