This latest submission to the Australian Classification Board joins free-to-play fighting game Spartacus Legends and Ninja Gaiden: Razor's Edge for Wii U as the first group of games to receive an R18+ rating following the introduction of new classification guidelines for video games on Jan. 1, 2013.
According to the Classification Board entry for Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel, the board cites high impact violence and strong impact themes as the primary reasons behind the rating.
The previously-banned Mortal Kombat is having its Komplete Edition submitted to the Classification Board for consideration under the new R18+ rating. Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel is scheduled to launch on March 28 for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
- I caught every Pokémon and it only took most of my life
- Robin Williams' Genie may be immortalized in World of Warcraft
- Swing Copters, clones and the dismal failure of the 'open' app store
- Destiny launch trailer shows combat readiness
- Watch 20 minutes of Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain gameplay from Gamescom